30 Apr Virtual Peer Learning Event for the Regions “Examining transport poverty & social dimensions of transport”Posted at 5/05/20 9:32 am in Events by Anonymous
The fifth virtual peer learning event focusing on “transport poverty & social dimensions of transport” took place on the 30th of April at 10:00 CET. The workshop was organised in the frame of the series of peer learning events as part of the activities of the EU SPI Pilot project, and aimed to allow remote participation for as many of the core members and associated regions of the project.
During the session the main presentation focused on
- Understanding the notion of transport poverty and what it entails
- Main interactions and intersections between transport poverty and social progress
- · The interrelation between transport poverty and SPI
- conceptualisation of the linkages between transport and social progress
- measuring transport poverty.
- Future steps and questions
The input was followed by presentations from the regions of Bucharest - Ilfov (Romania) and the Bratislava (Slovakia) sharing their own experiences with transport and sustainability and how these are linked with social progress.
The relevant documents of the session can be found below:
- Peer learning event background document
- Presentation on "Exploring transport poverty and social progress - the HiReach project", by Akrivi Vivian Kiousi and Marisa Konidi
- Presentation from Bratislava
- Presentation from the region of Bucharest-Ilfov
- Event Agenda