Founded in 1989, Technopolis Group is an independent research and consulting company with almost 30 years of experience. The company, contractually represented by Technopolis Limited for the purposes of this tender, is truly international, with offices in eight European countries (Austria, Belgium, Estonia France, Germany, The Netherlands, Sweden and the United Kingdom) and another one in Latin America (Colombia), and assignments in over 50 countries across the world. The highly qualified staff of over 120 people work at the intersection of government, research and the business sector. They deliver services to organisations and people with a mission to address environmental and societal challenges and achieve economic growth by means of science, technology, innovation and education.
Technopolis Group’s consultants use a wide range of quantitative and qualitative tools to excel in one of our main fields of expertise, namely policy design and evaluation studies. Over the years, the company has developed a strong track record at the European level for the European Commission and for international organisations such as the Organisation for the Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) or UN agencies, and at the national level in European or emerging countries. The overall experience of the group in research and innovation policy spans more than 2 500 studies, covering the complete R&D policy programming cycle: ex ante evaluation (impact assessment); mid-term; final and real-time evaluations of innovation and research policies, programmes and institutions.
The range of research and consultancy services include:
- Evaluation of policy;
- Policy research, including comparative policy research at multi-regional or country level;
- Policy development and design at supranational, national and regional levels; including big data for policy, both studying the potential benefits and designing and implementing various online data rich solutions for policy makers;
- Management of transnational policy monitoring platforms, as well as a number of projects related to statistical analysis;
- Sectoral innovation studies and smart specialisation systems;
- Institutional strengthening and capacity building in transition economies;
- Programme management;
- Strategic studies and foresight-like work.
Technopolis Group has been involved in impact assessment studies and evaluation and fitness check work, carrying out numerous assignments for various commission services (DG GROW, DG RTD, DG ENV, DG REGIO, etc.) and for the European Parliament. Experience in Impact Assessment /evaluation work covers a variety of EU initiatives, including legislative measures, recommendations, communications and policy initiatives, and programmes such as the COSME programme and elements of Horizon 2020. Notably, in the past three years, Technopolis Group has carried out over 30 evaluation related studies for DG GROW in a wide range of sectors, including various EU directives and regulations falling under the Regulatory Fitness and Performance Programme (REFIT).